How do I change my name / address / telephone number / gender / emergency contact?
What is the MyUW portal? Why would I use it?
- Read HR, Payroll, and Benefits News
- Access E-Benefits
- Report Time Worked
- Report Absences Taken
- Access Earnings and Tax Statements
- Update Personal Contact Information
- View UW System Career Opportunities
How do I access the MyUW portal?
Who is my benefits specialist?
|Last name beginning with||Benefits Specialist|
|A – I||Gail Dukesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|J – P||Loree Krauseemail@example.com|
|Q – Z||Susan Voitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
How do I add a baby / spouse / domestic partner to my insurance?
What is a qualifying life event and the deadline to make insurance changes?
How much leave can be carried to the next year?
How do I see my earnings statement / tax information?
How do I know or change the number of allowances for federal / state tax withholding?
Submit a new W-4 form to change the number of allowances for federal and/or state tax withholding.
What positions are open at UWM and how do I apply?
- All available openings at UW-Milwaukee, and instructions for submitting applications, can be found at: jobs.uwm.edu (custodial positions are found under the University Staff link).
- Available openings at other UW System campuses: Careers at UW.
- Available openings for other state-wide positions: www.wisc.jobs.
How do I apply for public service loan forgiveness?
For more information see: Federal Student Aid
How do I get a letter verifying my employment (dates / salary / title / etc.)?
- UW System has contracted with The Work Number to provide all information except for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Requests. Visit: www.theworknumber.com
- To submit a request to The Work Number select “I’m an Employee.” UW System’s employer code is 18032. Your employee ID is your 8 digit code from your earnings statement. Your 8 digit PIN is the last 4 digits of your social security number plus your 4 digit year of birth.
- For outside institutions (e.g. financial, landlord, new employer, etc.): Direct the verifier to The Work Number (I’m a Verifier). UW System’s employer code is 18032.
- See also: UW System Verification of Employment or Income.
HRS Access Questions
How can I obtain access to HRS?
For Time/Labor Approvers and/or Payroll Coordinators access is assigned via the Time/Labor Security functionality directly within HRS by divisional staff. Please contact the appropriate Personnel Representative for further assistance.
How do I access HRS?
HRS Employee and Manager Self-Service can be accessed via the MyUW Portal: my.uwm.edu
Why can I no longer access HRS?
All core HRS users are required to complete the HRS Security Awareness Course within 60 days of being granted HRS access, as well as on an annual basis. HRS/EPM access, including Employee Self-Service, will be locked for users who do not complete the course/quiz within this specified time period. Once confirmation is received that this security requirement has been met, the UW Service Center will be contacted to unlock access. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for further assistance.
International Staff and Students Questions
Do I have to file my taxes?
What is GLACIER?
Do I qualify for treaty?
I am a nonresident or resident alien and receiving an award or scholarship from UWM. What do I need to do?
- Update GLACIER to indicate:
- Both an employee and scholar relationship with UWM.
- Receiving both wages and a scholarship from UWM.
- Print and sign a new GLACIER packet that shows the changes made.
- Submit to Central HR.
I am only receiving the scholarship/award and have not had a job at UWM in the current calendar year
- Apply for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) if needed.
- Confirmation is required from UW System to pay out any award or scholarship and will normally take up to 10 business days to receive. Heavy processing periods will increase that timeframe at UW System level.
- After confirmation, the ITIN should be received 4-6 months from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Complete your GLACIER account.
- Print, sign, and submit the GLACIER packet to the central HR office.
- Update GLACIER with ITIN when it is received and provide new packet to HR.