Hometown: Frankfort, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Ball State University 2002
- Master of Science in Education, Higher Education Administration, University of Kansas 2004
- Assistant Director of Residence Life, UWM (current)
- Area Coordinator for South Campus, Training, and Selection, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM)
- Coordinator of Residence Life, Miami University (OH)
- Complex Coordinator, Northern Illinois University (NIU)
- Hall Director, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE)
- Assistant Complex Director / Scholarship Hall Director (Grad), University of Kansas
- Resident Assistant, Ball State University
What attracted you to UWM during hiring process?
I was looking for a school for which I could make an impact. UW-Milwaukee is a dynamic and changing environment. There are so many opportunities to get involved in programs and initiatives to benefit our students directly. University Housing is a relatively young department at a relatively young institution, so we are still figuring out "our way of doing things."
What is your favorite thing about working at UWM?
My colleagues are pretty cool, but I would say working with our student leaders. They remind me, often, why I got into Student Affairs :-)
What is the most challenging thing about working at UWM?
Making up processes and establishing traditions can be harder than it looks. We work hard, but hopefully have fun doing it.
What advice would you give to someone in the search / hiring process?
Have someone experienced in Residence Life review your resume and cover letter. Also, tailor your materials to the position you are applying. Not all live-in Residence Life jobs are made exactly equal.
Hobbies / Interests
I love to go to the movies and make academy award predictions, also reading (mystery, thriller, fiction, and political non-fiction) and watching the WWE (yes, I know it's fake).