Located in Cambridge Commons
Great Choice for You If…
- You’re considering a major in film, art or photography
- You enjoy making short films or videos on your own or with friends
- You’re interested in filmmaking
- You love to watch movies
- To form a community of students who want to live, learn and discover the process of filmmaking together.
- To provide a thorough introduction to motion picture image making and editing principles in a collaborative environment.
- To engage with the work of a variety of filmmakers and videographers through screenings, group discussions and group projects, in order to build a link between critique and creative practice.
- Planning, shooting and completing a digital film or 16mm film
- Taking field trips to local film festivals, events, productions studios, and screenings
- Learning the magic of film production and theory through discussion of the creative process with visiting filmmakers and directors
- Competing in a 24-hour film contest with other LLC members
Fall Semester: Film 117 – Filmmaking Technologies & Techniques (3 credits)
In Their Own Words
Alexandra Torinus, LLC Instructor:
“I’m always amazed when my students turn on a projector for the first time. Their investigation of the world is suddenly lit up on the screen, and they are seeing the smallest thing, a pinecone, a wave, or a spoon becoming magnificent as they realize the power of what they have seen with their own eyes. These are the moments that thrill me.”
Thomas Hays, LLC Student:
“It was fun to finally be in a space where I could work with other creative people who brought their own vision, talent, and ideas to the table.”