Located in Sandburg Hall
Great Choice for You If…
- You are exploring and deciding on majors and/or careers that will best fit you
- You have an interest in learning about yourself and how to effectively plan for a future career
- Provide students with knowledge and resources to make well thought out career decisions.
- Help students increase awareness of their interests, values, and skills and understand how these connect with the world of work.
- Expand each student’s knowledge of the wealth of careers they can pursue.
- Connecting with other students who are exploring their career options.
- Attending events on campus and in the community that allow for hands-on learning.
- Receiving personalized assistance from a professional career counselor.
- Ed Psy 110: Planning Your Major and Career (3 credits)
In Their Own Words
Mackenzie Sima, LLC Student:
“It is very important that you that this seriously. This is your education, your life and what you want to do. That being said, this LLC course helped me to discover my major and what I love doing.”
Jamesetta Davis, LLC Student:
“This LLC course has not only helped me learn about different careers and possible career paths I can take, it has also helped me learn about myself, my values, my interests, and what I truly want to accomplish in pursuing my bachelor’s degree at UWM.”
Ian Clavel, LLC Student:
“I enjoy my LLC because we do fun activities. My favorite part about it is the college scorecard. It allowed me to explore ideas for exploration in new careers! I also like both the teacher and mentor. I believe my parents showed me the LLC’s which is how I signed up.”
Lauren Lessac, LLC Instructor:
“I truly enjoy watching my students gain a deeper understanding of who they are and learn how their unique self fits into the world of work. Through activities we do in and outside of the class they develop a stronger self-concept and an awareness of their role in gaining skills and experiences while in college, that will make them marketable to employers in the future.”