Victor Greene Award
This award, named in honor of Professor Emeritus Victor Greene, is presented to students whose papers in the History capstone course (History 600) or the Senior Thesis option (History 681 and 682), are judged to be of the highest quality. Papers are nominated by the instructors in these courses.
A. T. Brown Undergraduate Research Grants
Available to advanced undergraduates for historical research expenses, such as purchase of materials, copying costs, or travel to a library or archive. Students must submit a one-page proposal describing the research project and specifying the costs involved, and a letter of recommendation from an instructor. Please see the Director of Undergraduate Studies for further details. Rolling deadline.
Professor Bud Weare Scholarship
This award is named in honor of Professor Bud Weare and is given to a student who meets the following criteria:
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Preference for a student from a historically underrepresented minority group
Applications are being accepted through April 9, 2018. Click here to apply.
J. David Hoeveler Merit Scholarship
The J. David Hoeveler Merit Scholarship was established to provide scholarships for undergraduates in the Department of History. Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Declared History majors or students intending to major in History with a minimum of twelve History credits
- High academic achievement
Scholarships may be renewable for one additional year if the student still meets the criteria. Scholarships will be valued at $5,000 per student.