Dana Washburn, MS, OTR/LClinical Assistant Professor
- Shoulder treatment
- OT inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation
Interests & Expertise
Dana Washburn has 16 years of experience as an occupational therapist, three years as an occupational therapy educator and now as clinical assistant professor for the Department of Occupational Science & Technology.
Her focus is adult rehabilitation, having worked in a variety of practice settings, including acute care, sub-acute rehabilitation, home health and outpatient therapy. She has significant clinical expertise in the area of shoulder rehabilitation.
In addition, Washburn completed her master’s thesis in the area of patient compliance with occupational therapy treatment programs. She has a strong interest in occupational therapy fieldwork, as well. Lastly, she remains active in the field working part time at a local skilled nursing facility.
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association (WOTA)
- OT in Physical Rehabilitation I and II
- Overview of Medical Conditions
- Physical Agents in Rehabilitation
- Enhancing Health II (lab)