To schedule an advising appointment, call (414) 229-2758 or visit the Northwest Quadrant Building B, Room 6425.
Interested in joining the College of Health Sciences?
I’m a new student. How do I start?
You are assigned an academic advisor upon admission to UWM. New Student Orientation (NSO) helps those who are new to campus to learn and understand the enrollment process and enroll in classes for their first semester at UWM!
Who is my advisor?
(414) 229-2758 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS Biomedical Sciences (all submajors)
- Forensic Science Certificate
- Molecular Diagnostics Certificate
(414) 229-2758 • email@example.com
- BS Communication Sciences & Disorders
- BS Health Care Administration
- BS Occupational Studies
You can also see the name of your advisor and contact them directly by accessing your student center in PAWS.
When should I meet with my advisor?
Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor at least once per semester to ensure timely progress to graduation.
- Enrolling for spring semester?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor in October or November.
- Enrolling for fall semester?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor in March or April.
Students are also welcome to schedule an appointment with their advisor at any time to discuss academic challenges, career opportunities, or any other questions.
How can my advisor help me?
CHS boasts professional academic advisors who understand the challenges of balancing academics, work, family, and the social aspects of college life. Advisors partner with you to:
- Explore your academic and career interests
- Plan the sequence of your courses
- Prepare for course enrollment
- Access tutoring and other academic support
- Identify opportunities for campus involvement
- Connect you to campus resources
- Plan for graduation