GRAD 801: Preparing Future Faculty & Professionals
Fall 2017 Topic: Core Academic & Transferable SkillsYou can now obtain credit on your transcript for “PFFP” offerings if you enroll in GRAD 801! This blended, one-credit course includes some face-to-face and some pre-recorded sessions. Requires graduate status. May be retaken with change in topic up to 3 credits.
- Identify strategies for successful and timely completion of your degree requirements.
- Better understand the values, expectations, and institutional contexts of higher education.
- Develop professional networks of peers, faculty, alumni, and other professionals who can contribute to your success through and beyond graduate school.
- Grasp current trends in higher education, make your degree more flexible, and prepare yourself to assume roles within a wide possible range of academic and professional contexts.
- Acquire skills that facilitate success in both academic and non-academic careers, such as career planning, mentoring, research, grant writing, conferencing and communicating work to outside audiences.
- Learn job search strategies and skills.
- Enhance cultural competence and understanding of diversity.