The purpose of this funding is to support students who have been traditionally underrepresented in study abroad. Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to students participating in the semester, academic year, summer, or UWinteriM study abroad programs.
- first-generation college students
- students from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to: American Indian or Alaskan Native, African American or Black, Hispanic or Latino/a, Asian, Native Hawaiian, or other Pacific Islander
- students with disabilities
To apply, please complete the Application Form by the following deadline (check the application form/materials for the actual deadline date):
- UWinteriM or Spring Semester – October 1
- Summer or Fall Semester – March 1
Scholarship Recipients &
The most current application form/material includes information on eligibility requirements, required application materials, actual application deadline, selection criteria, post-trip requirements, and the application form. Submit the completed application form, along with required materials (essay and letter of recommendation) to the Center for International Education Study Abroad Office in Pearse 166 by 4:30 p.m. of the deadline date.
For information on other scholarships and grants available, please check out the Center for International Education’s website at uwm.edu/cie/study-abroad/financial-planning/scholarships/.
|Vacue Lo, Austria||Jasmine Woodley, Kenya||Jonatan Zuniga, Mexico||Abigail Cortez, Jordan|