Declaration of Major Procedures

Even if you have declared your major or minor in Geography to L&S, you need to do a few more things to declare your Geography major or minor with the department and get all the resources you need:

  1. Print an unofficial transcript. To do so:
    • Log in to PAWS
    • Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
    • Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
    • A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
  2. Meet with the Undergraduate Advising PA (Fall 2017: Yui Hashimoto) or the Undergraduate Chair, Prof. Kristin Sziarto. Their office hours are listed below.
    • You’ll need to choose a track:
      • Geographic Information (GIS)
      • Urban Geography
      • Environmental Geography
      • Physical Systems (soils, hydrogeography, climate, biography, conservation…)
      • Globalization and Development (economic geography of cities, regions, etc.)
  3. You have declared your major or minor!

When you need further advising, for example regarding an internship or your track requirements, you should meet with your Geography faculty adviser. Your faculty adviser will be listed on your track declaration form. Contact the Undergraduate Advising PA or the Undergraduate Chair if you need that information.

Yui Hashimoto (, Undergraduate Advising PA

Office Hours:
Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
…or by appointment (e-mail for an appointment)

Kristin Sziarto (, Undergraduate Co-Chair

Office Hours:
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
…or by appointment (e-mail for an appointment)