This loan is offered to students seeking a degree in nursing.
Requirements and Details:
- Must be a junior, senior, second degree candidate, or a graduate student pursuing a degree in nursing.
- Award based on financial need.
- The annual interest rate is 5% and is deferred while enrolled at least half-time in the School of Nursing. Half-time enrollment is at least 6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates.
- Awards range from $200-$4,000 per academic year and the aggregate limit is $17,000 for the entire academic career.
- Repayment begins 9 months after the borrower graduates, leaves the School of Nursing, or drops below half-time status. A minimum quarterly repayment of $120 is required with a maximum repayment period of 10 years.
- The repayment process of this loan is handled through the Accounts Receivable Office. They are available at 414-229-4914 or in Mitchell Hall room 295 for any questions.
- Students offered a Federal Nursing Loan must complete a promissory note each time a new loan is accepted. Students must first accept the loan via their PAWS account before promissory notes become available for completion.