A loan is federal or private funding that must be repaid. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed each year to be evaluated for most loan assistance. While the Nurse Faculty Loan and Private Educational Loans do not require a FAFSA, submitting an application is strongly recommended to ensure that students are taking advantage of the best financial aid programs.

A minimum enrollment status of half-time (undergraduate 6 credits/graduate 4 credits) is required to participate in most loan programs. Students enrolled less than half time may have private educational loan options.