Full payment is due the first day of class. ESL charges a monthly fee of $25 for unpaid balances. UWM also assesses a 1% charge for all late payments.
- Financial Obligation
- Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
- Change in Enrollment Period After Session Has Begun
- How to Make a Payment
A student who enrolls in IEP classes is making a financial commitment to UWM for full payment of tuition and fees for the entire period for which the student is registered. Each enrolled student has an online UWM PAWS account where financial information and due dates are recorded. The student (not the sponsor) is responsible for payment of all charges on the student’s UWM PAWS account.
Cancellation and Withdrawal
- Exit Form must be completed.
- There is no refund of the initial application fee of $160.
- Tuition refund of 100% if cancellation notice is received BEFORE the first day of class.
- A percentage of tuition refund is given for a cancellation notice submitted after classes have started. A withdrawal fee will be charged.
- If you begin full-time academic study at UWM, 100% of tuition payment is refunded.
- If you transfer out before beginning classes or if you leave before completing a semester, you must pay a $300 exit fee.
Fall and Spring Semester Refund Policy**
|Week 1||100% Tuition Refund
$100 Late Withdraw Fee (Student responsible to pay $100)
|Week 2||100% Tuition Refund
$200 Late Withdraw Fee (Student responsible to pay $200)
|Week 3 through Week 4||50% Tuition Refund (Student owes half of all tuition and fees)
No Withdraw Fee
|Week 5 and after||0% Tuition Refund (Student owes ALL tuition and fees)
No Withdraw Fee
*Please note: any unpaid fees will be charged a monthly 1% late fee from the University
**Summer tuition is due on the first day of class, there will be No Refund given if a student drops after this day.
Change in Enrollment Period After Session Has Begun
- Notice of change must be made in writing in the ESL Office, Curtin 672.
- You must meet with the Student Services Coordinator concerning possible change in immigration status.
- Please visit the registrar’s add/drop calendar for information about tuition and fee responsibilities.
How to Make a Payment
Electronic Wire Transfer (Bank to Bank)
(Note: Sender’s bank may charge a service fee.)
|UWM Receiving Bank|
|Bank Name||US Bank|
|Bank Address||777 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
|Bank Routing Number||075000022|
|UWM Account Number||112801427|
|Reference or Payment Purpose||Student name and ID|
*To insure that your wire transfer is credited towards your UWM tuition please send firstname.lastname@example.org a scan of your transaction as soon as it is wired.
Tution charges may be paid online through your PAWS account. WebCheck, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards are accepted on PAWS. Each PAWS online credit card transaction will be assessed a 2.5% convenience fee. No convenience fees are charged for webCheck payments made on PAWS. No convenience fees are charged for payments mailed to the Bursar Office or in-person payments made in the Cashier’s Office.
Please note: Credit card payments are only accepted online through PAWS. The Cashier’s Office does not accept credit card payments.
*This information was obtained from the Bursars Office Website
- Log into PAWS.
- Click on the “Make a Payment” link below the Account Summary.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay and select Next.
- Select the payment method you wish to use from the drop down and select Next. Credit card and electronic check are to two options. Credit cards will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee and only MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
- Confirm the Payment Amount and select Continue to Make Payment. The payment will be collected through a secure third party payment which is where you will now be redirected.
- Enter all of your payment details and select Continue. Do not enter a check number if you are using the electronic check option. This may lead to a $20.00 returned check fee that will appear on your PAWS account.
- (Credit card transactions skip this step) Review your transaction details for accuracy. You can change the information by clicking on Change. If all the information is correct select Agree & Continue.
- If the information presented on this page is correct select Submit.
- Your Confirmation Details are presented here.
The above information can also be found at http://www4.uwm.edu/bfs/depts/bursar/payment-on-paws.cfm
Payment in Person
- Stop in at the ESL Programs Office, Curtin Hall, Room 672, to receive a Deposit Bill.
- Payment can be made at UWM at the Cashier’s Office in Mitchell Hall, Room 285, by debit card (issued by a U.S. bank), traveler’s checks or cash.
ePayment by Credit Card (registration fee only)
Only new students who have completed the online application may pay the application fee by ePayment. The application fee is non-refundable. Only Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Go to ESL ePayment Application.
Doing Business As
- UWM – English As 2nd Lang
- Customer Service Number
We respect your privacy. Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned. Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail us.