Choose the ESL program for you!
- Intensive English Program
- … is for anybody interested in improving their English.
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Credit Courses
- … are for international students fully admitted into UWM, undergraduate and graduate.
- MITAA/Oral Skills
- … is for international teaching assistants and graduate students.
- Dual Program
- … is for international undergraduate and graduate students who have a qualifying score: 5 on the IELTS; 498-519 on the paper-based TOEFL; 61-67 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT).
From the Higher Learning Commission: “University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission at the Certificate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Specialist’s, and Doctor’s degree-granting levels and has been accredited since 1969. Accreditation of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee includes all courses offered by the institution at its campus and all other instructional facilities, including its English as a Second Language (ESL) Program…”
“When I arrived in the U.S., I didn’t have enough English to take Academic classes and to communicate with people. ESL helped me a lot in my English. I increased my vocabulary and communication a lot, and today I’m studying Nursing at UWM and I have done well. I just have to thank ESL for all knowledge that they gave me. Thanks to all of my teachers and my conversation partner!”