Types of Reportable Conduct
UWM’s Discriminatory Conduct Policy (including sexual harassment) prohibits discrimination based on:
- Arrest or Conviction Record
- Gender Identity/Expression
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
- Identity as a veteran, disabled veteran, or Vietnam veteran
- Marital status
- Membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve
component of the military forces of the United States or this state
- National origin
- Political affiliation
- Sexual Orientation
- Use of lawful products off the premises during non-working hours (e.g. smoking cigarettes)
Steps to Report an Incident
To report discrimination or for more information, please stop by our office in Mitchell Hall, Room 359 or call 414-229-5923 to discuss the matter and schedule an appointment.
If you wish to report an incident of sexual discrimination under Title IX, please stop by our office in Mitchell Hall, Room 359, call 414-229-5923, or contact one of the Title IX deputies on campus to report the incident. For a listing of Title IX deputies and for more information about Title IX, please visit http://uwm.edu/titleix/.
If you wish to report a hate/bias incident, please visit https://www4.uwm.edu/eds/hatebias/form/index.cfm?a1=edit to submit your complaint online. Once submitted, you will be contacted by an EDS investigator. For more information on Hate/Bias, please visit our link here.