Mission of Equity/Diversity Services
The mission of the Office of Equity/Diversity Services (EDS) is to effectively integrate equal opportunity and affirmative action into UWM’s institutional climate. UWM’s policies provide equal opportunity in its admissions, employment, educational programs, and activities without regard to any protected status.
EDS is dedicated to preventing discrimination and guiding institutional compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Through educational programs, the investigation and resolution of complaints, and oversight activities, EDS fosters an environment that appreciates all members of the UWM community.
- Investigation and resolution of complaints from UWM employees and students
- Provision of information and advice
- Preparation and maintenance of UWM’s Affirmative Action Plan
- Monitoring progress toward achieving a diverse workforce
- Provision of EEO/Affirmative Action training to the campus
- Compliance with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments
Please feel free to stop by our office:
Mitchell Hall, Room 359
3203 N. Downer Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211