Chris Yingchun Yuan, Ph.D.
Research assistantships are available in Prof. Yuan’s lab for both graduate and undergraduate students with strong interests in any of the following areas: sustainable (green) manufacturing, numerical system modeling, atomic layer deposition, and nano-scale thin film characterizations. Please contact Prof. Yuan via email with your complete C.V. for any inquiries.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 2009
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2005
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, University of Petroleum, Shandong, China, 1999
- B.A., English, University of Petroleum, Shandong, China, 1999
- Sustainable design and manufacturing
- Manufacturing Energy Efficiency
- Life Cycle Assessment(LCA)and Engineering
- Sustainability of nanotechnology
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) of nano-scale thin films
- Nano-materials/structure for sustainable energy development
Awards and Honors:
- National Science Foundation Career Award, 2014-2019.
- 2013 SME Gustav Olling Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award.
- LEO Best Paper Award, 2013 CIRP International Conf. on Life Cycle Engineering, Singapore.
- Li, B.B., Gao, X.F, Zhang, H.C. Yuan, C.* “Energy Modeling of Electrochemical Anodization Process of Titanium Dioxide Nanotubes”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, accepted.
- Xie, Y.Y., Li, J.Y., Yuan, C.*. “Multi-physics modeling of lithium ion battery capacity fading process with SEI growth by elementary reaction kinetics”, Journal of Power Sources, 248, 2014, 172-179.
- Guan, D.S., Li, J.Y., Gao, X.F., Yuan, C.* "Controllable Synthesis of MoO3-deposited TiO2 Nanotubes with Enhanced Lithium-ion Intercalation Performance", Journal of Power Sources, 246, 2014, 305-312.
- Qiu, M., Li, J.F., Liew, K.M., Yuan, C.* “Rectifying Performance and Negative Differential Behavior in Graphite - Chain - Carbon Nanotube Junctions”, Applied Physics Letters, accepted.
- Guan, D.S., Li, J.Y., Gao, X.F., Yuan, C.* “Effects of Amorphous and Crystalline MoO3 Coatings on the Li-Ion Insertion Behavior of TiO2 Nanotube Anode for Lithium Ion Battery”, RSC Advances (IF=2.562), 2014, 4 (8), 4055 - 4062.
- Gao, X.F., Guan, D.S., Huo, J.W., Chen, J.H., Yuan, C.* “Free Standing TiO2 Nanotube Array Electrodes with Ultra Thin Al2O3 Barrier Layer and TiCl4 Surface Modification for High Efficiency Dye Sensitized Solar Cells”, Nanoscale, 5, 2013, 10438-10446.
- Yuan, C.*, Zhai, Q, Dornfeld, D. “A three dimensional system approach for environmentally sustainable manufacturing”, CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, 61(1), 2012, pp.39-42.
- Li, T.,Zhang, H. C., Yuan, C., Liu, Z.C., Fan, C. C. “A PCA Based Method for Construction of Composite Sustainability Indicators”, International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 17(5), 2012, pp.593-603.
- Yuan, C.* and Dornfeld, D. “A Schematic Method for Sustainable Material Selection of Toxic Chemicals in Design and Manufacturing”, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 132(9), 2010, 091014.1-7.
- Yuan, C. and Dornfeld, D. “Integrated Sustainability Analysis of Atomic Layer Deposition for Microelectronics Manufacturing”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 132(3), 2010, 030918.1-7.
- Yuan, C., Zhang, H. C., McKenna, G., Korzeniewski, C., and Li, J. “Experimental Studies on Cryogenic Recycling of Printed Circuit Board”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 34, 2007, pp. 657-666.
- Yuan, C., Zhang, T., Rangarajan, A., Dornfeld, D., Ziemba, B., and Whitbeck, R. “A Decision-based Analysis of Compressed Air Usage Patterns in Automotive Manufacturing”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 25 (4), 2006, pp.293-300.