Jie Yu, Ph.D.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
- 2007 Ph.D. Department of Transportation Engineering, Tongji University, China
- 2007-2009 Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland College Park, MD, USA
- 2009-2010 Assistant Research Scientist, Traffic Safety and Operations Lab, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland College Park, MD, USA
- 2010-2015 Associate Professor, School of Control Science and Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
- Public Transit Network Modeling and Optimization
- Multi-modal Hub Location Optimization
- Flexible Transit System Design
- Integrated Urban Transport Corridors Planning and Design
- Road Safety Analysis and Assessment
- (2016) Hu, H., Gao, Y., Yu, J. *, Liu, Z., Li, X., “Planning bus bridging evacuation during rail transit operation disruption,” ASCE Journal of Urban Planning and Development, in press
- (2015) Lu, X., Yu, J. *, Yang X., Pan, S., Zou, N., “Flexible feeder transit route design to enhance service accessibility in urban area,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, DOI: 10.1002/atr.1357
- (2015) Pan S., Yu J. *, Yang X., and Zou N., “Design a flexible feeder transit system serving irregular shaped and gated communities: service area determination and feeder route planning,” ASCE Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 2015, 141(3), pp.100-109.
- (2013) Liu, Y., Li, P., Wehner, K., and Yu, J., “A Generalized Corridor Diversion Control Model for Freeway Incident Management,” Computer-aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 28(8), pp. 604-620.
- (2012) Yu J. *, Zou N., Fu L.N., Liu L.Y., and Yuan A., “Childhood Road Safety Behaviors in China: A Cross-sectional Study of Guangzhou City,” Traffic Injury Prevention, 13(6), pp.620-630.
- (2012) Yu J. *, “Prioritizing highway traffic safety improvement projects: a multi-criteria approach with fuzzy analytical hierarchy process,” Safety Science, 50(4), pp. 1085–1092.
- (2012) Liu, Y., G. L. Chang and Yu J. , “An empirical study of driver behavioral patterns during the yellow signal phase at six Maryland intersections of high accident rates,” ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, 138(1), pp.31–42.
- (2012) Luo, Z., Liu, Y., and Yu, J., “Estimation of Urban Transportation Network Capacity Considering Traveler Road Preferences,” ASCE Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 138(2), pp.133–142.
- (2011) Yu J. *, Chang, G. L., Ma. W. J. and Yang, X. G., “Locating urban transit hubs: A multi-criteria model and case study in China,” ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, 137(12), pp. 944–952.
- (2011) Liu, Y., Chang, G. L., and Yu J., "An integrated control model for freeway corridor under non-recurrent congestion," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 60(4), pp.1404 - 1418.
- (2010) Yu J. *, Park S. Y., and Chang G. L., “Advanced Travelers Information System for Guiding Route Choice to Ocean City, Maryland,” Transportation Research Record, No. 2112, pp 56-67.
- (2009) Yu J. *, and G. L. Chang, “A Cluster-Based Hierarchical Model for Urban Transit Hub Location Planning: Formulation, Solution, and Case Study,” Transportation Research Record, No. 2112, pp. 8–16.
- (2008) Yu, J. *, Chang, G. L. and Yang, X. G., “Cluster-based Optimization of Urban Transit Hub Locations: Methodology and Case Study in China,” Transportation Research Record, Transportation Research Board, No. 2042, pp. 109-116.