David Yu, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Dec. 1983
- M.S. , Electrical Engineering,University of Oklahoma, June 1979
- B.S. , Electrical Engineering, Chung Yuan University, June 1977
Power systems; integration of wind power; distribution system analysis; reliability analysis; the ANN application of intelligent maintenance/monitoring; Microgrid analysis in power systems
- Hetzer, J., Yu, D.C., and Bhattarai, K. “An Economic Dispatch Model Incorporating Wind Power” Paper submitted to IEEE Trans. On Power Systems.
- Sun, H., Yu, D.C., Huber, R., Fanning, R., Pecha, S., and Lukecart, B., “A POD-Based Fault Locator for Distribution Primary Network Systems” Paper submitted to IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery.
- Law, C.T., Bhattarai, K., and Yu, D.C. “Fiber Optics Based Lateral Fault Detection in Distribution Systems” Paper submitted to IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery.
- Yan, W., Yu, J, Yu, D.C., and Bhattarai, K., “A New Optimal Reactive Power Flow Model in Rectangular Form and its solution by Predictor Corrector Primal Dual Interior Point Method” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 61-67, Feb. 2006.
- Peng, X., Yu, D.C., and Yan, W., “A Unified Three-Phase Transformer Model for Distribution Load Flow Calculations,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 153-159, Feb. 2006.
- Yu, D.C., Sun, H, Lu, S., and McCarthy, C., “Protective Device Coordination Enhancement for Motor Starting Programs,” IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Vol.20, No.1, pp.535-537, January 2005.
- Yan, W., Lu, S., and Yu, D.C. “A Novel Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch Method Based On An Improved Hybrid Evolutionary Programming Technique,” IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, Vol.19, No.2, pp.913-918, May 2004
- Liu, H., Yu, D.C. and Chiang, H.D., “A Heuristic Meter Placement Method for Load Estimation,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 913-917, Aug. 2002.