John Reisel, Ph.D.
Reisel’s research has led to enhancing the educational experience of engineering freshmen to allow more students to succeed in their courses and progress to more advanced studies in their disciplines. His work on air pollution sheds light on potentially damaging combustion processes from a pollution standpoint, which altered plans on the development of proposed aircraft engines.
- Ph.D., 1994, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- M.S., 1991, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- B.M.E., 1989, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
|• Laser diagnostics of combustion processes
• Combustion chemical kinetics
• Alternative fuels
• Engineering education
• Internal-combustion engines
|• Air pollution minimization
• Optics fluid mechanics
• Gas dynamics
• Energy efficiency
Honors and Awards :
- 2010 ASEE-New Engineering Educators Divsion Best Paper Award – 2nd place.
- 2005 UWM Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- 2000 UWM-CEAS Outstanding Teaching Award.
- 1998 SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award
- Kialashaki and J.R. Reisel (2013). Modeling of the Energy Demand of the Residential Sector in the United States Using Regression Models and Artificial Neural Networks. Applied Energy 108: 271-280.
- J.R.Reisel, M. Jablonski, H. Hosseini, and E. Munson (2012). Assessment of factors impacting success for incoming college engineering students in a summer bridge program. Int. J. of Mathematical Education in Science & Technology, 43: 421-433.
- E. Mohseni-Languri, H. Taherian, K. Hooman, and J.R. Reisel (2011). Enhanced Double-Pass solar Air Heater with and without Porous Medium. Int. J. of Green Energy 8: 643-654
- S. Kumar and J.R. Reisel (2011). Modeling of Energy Usage for the Refining of Ethanol from Corn. Int. J. of Sustainable Energy 30: 98-109.
- N.J. Doll and J.R. Reisel (2007). Catalyst Deterioration over the Lifetime of Small Utility Engines. J. Air & Waste Man. Assoc. 57:1223-1233.
- J.R. Reisel, A. Schmitt, and Z. Ouradnik (2003). Investigation of the source of increased hydrocarbon emissions over the life cycle of small utility engines. 2003 Small Engine Technology Conference. Paper No. SAE 2003-32-0022.
Treasurer of the St. Hyacinth Emergency Food Pantry on Milwaukee's south side.