Xiao Qin, Ph.D.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs CT, 2002
- M.Sc., Transportation and Highway Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing Chinga, 1999
- B.A., Transportation and Highway Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing China, 1996
- Highway Safety and Crash Modeling
- Traffic Operations and Evaluation
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Sustainable Transportation Planning
- Statistical Methods and Applications in Transportation
- GIS and GPS Applications and Spatial data Analysis
- Xiao Qin, Zhao Shen, Nadim Wehbe, Shiling Pei, Zhaoxiang He (2014). Evaluation of Truck Impact Hazards for Interstate Overpasses, Transportation Research Record 2402, pp. 1-8. (Best Paper Award, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Truck and Bus Safety Committee)
- Kai Wang, Xiao Qin (2014). Measuring Single-vehicle Crash Severity: Structural Equation Modeling Approach, Transportation Research Record 2432, pp 17–25.
- Most Afia Sultana, Xiao Qin, Madhav V. Chitturi, David A. Noyce (2014). Analysis of the Safety Effects of Traffic, Geometric and Access Parameters on Truck Arterial Corridors, Transportation Research Record 2404, pp. 68-76.
- Xiao Qin, Most Afia Sultana, Madhav V. Chitturi, David A. Noyce (2013). Developing a Truck Corridor Crash Severity Index (CSI), Transportation Research Record 2386, pp.103-111.
- Xiao Qin, Kai Wang, Chase E. Cutler (2013). Analysis of Crash Severity Based on Vehicle Damage and Occupant Injuries, Transportation Research Record 2386, pp. 95-102.
- Xiao Qin, Kai Wang, Chase E. Cutler (2013). Logistic Regression Models of the Safety of Large Trucks, Transportation Research Record 2392, pp.1-10.
- Dongxi Zheng, Xiao Qin, Ross Tillman, David Noyce (2013). Measuring Roundabout Traffic Conflict Exposure. Journal of Transportation Safety & Security, 5(3), pp. 208-223.
- Xiao Qin (2012). Quantile Effects of Factors on Crash Distributions, Transportation Research Record 2279, pp. 40-46. (Best Paper Award, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Statistical Methods and Applications Committee)
- Soyoung Jung, Xiao Qin, David Noyce (2012). Injury Severity of Multi-Vehicle Crash in Rainy Weather, ASCE, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 138(1), pp. 1-12.
- Yang Cheng, Xiao Qin, Jing Jin, Bin Ran (2012). An Exploratory Shockwave Approach to Estimating Queue Length Using Probe Trajectories, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, 16(1), pp. 12-23.
- Yang Cheng, Xiao Qin, Jing Jin, Bin Ran, Jason Anderson (2011). Cycle-by-Cycle Queue Length Estimation for Signalized Intersections Using Sampled Trajectory Data, Transportation Research Record 2257, pp. 87-94.
- Adam Wellner, Xiao Qin (2011). GIS-based Highway Safety Metrics Implementation and Evaluation, Transportation Research Record 2241, pp. 1-9
- Xiao Qin, Perla Reyes (2011). A Conditional Quantile Analysis for Crash Count Data, ASCE, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 137(9), pp. 601-607.
- Xiao Qin, Marie Ng, Perla Reyes (2010). Identifying Crash-Prone Locations with Quantile Regression, Accident Analysis and Prevention 42 (6), pp. 1531-1537.
- Soyoung Jung, Xiao Qin, David Noyce (2010). Rainfall Effect of Single-vehicle Crash Severity Using Polychotomous Response Models, Accident Analysis and Prevention 42(1), pp.213-224.
- Xiao Qin, Junhee Han (2008). Variable Selection Issues In Tree-based Regression Models, Transportation Research Record 2061, pp.30-38. (Best Paper Award, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Statistical Methods and Applications Committee)
- Xiao Qin, John N. Ivan, Nalini Ravishanker, Junfeng Liu, Donald Tepas (2006). Bayesian Estimation of Hourly Exposure Functions by Crash Type and Time of Day, Accident Analysis and Prevention 38(6), pp.1071-1080.
- Xiao Qin, John N. Ivan, Nalini Ravishanker, Junfeng Liu (2005). Hierarchical Bayesian Estimation of Nonlinear Safety Performance Functions for Two-Lane Highway Using MCMC Modeling, ASCE, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 131(5), pp.345-351.
- Xiao Qin, John N. Ivan, Nalini Ravishanker (2004). Selecting Exposure Measures in Crash Rate Prediction for Two-lane Highway Segments, Accident Analysis and Prevention 36(2), pp.183-191.