Ronald Perez Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 1990
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 1985
- B.S., Electromechanical Engineering, Cum Laude Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra, Dominican Republic, 1983
• Control Theory and Applications.
• Robust multivariable Control.
• Neural network.
• Fuzzy logic.
• System modeling.
- Yuan, S. and Perez, R., "Model Predictive Control of Supply Air Temperature and Outside Air Intake Rate of a VAV Air-Handling Unit", ASHRAE Transactions 2006, Vol. 112, Part 1; pp. 145-161.
- Yuan, S. and Perez, R., "Multiple-zone ventilation and temperature control of a single-duct VAV system using model predictive strategy", Energy and Buildings, Vol 38, pp. 1248-1261, 2006
- Yuan, S. and Perez, R., "Model Predictive Control of a VAV Air-Handling Unit with Demand-Controlled Ventilation and Economizer", TECH-00064-2005. Presented at the 2006 ASHRAE Winter Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, January 21-25, 2006.
- Perez, R., "Input Output Pairing for Decentralized Stabilization", to appear in Journal of Mathematical Systems, Estimation and Control.
- Armstrong, B. and Perez, R. "Controls Laboratory Program with an Accent on Discovery Learning" IEEE Control System Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 1 pp. 14-20, February 2001.
- Ebert-Uphoff, I., Gardner, J.F., Murray, W. and Perez, R., "Preparing for the Next Century: The State of Mechatronics Education", IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 226-227, June 2000
- Ramdane, K.E., Herbeaux, J.L., Perez, R., Matsuishi, M., Kubo, T. and Hattori, Y., "Improving Design Education at Kanazawa Institute of Technology" 13th International Conference on Design Technology Educational Research and Curriculum Development (IDATER), Loughborough, United Kingdom, pp. 163-169, 2000.
Xu, C., Amano, R.S. and Perez, R., "Unsteady Pressure Field Investigation of an Axial Fan: Inlet and Outlet Unsteady Pressure Field Measurement", to appear in the International Journal of Rotating Machinery.