Elham Nazemosadat, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
- Ph.D. - Electrical Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) 2012
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering, Shiraz University (Iran), 2006
- Kerr effect in optical waveguides
- Nonlinear multimodal interference devices
- Optical communications
- Optical signal processing
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Saturable absorption properties of multi-core fiber arrays,” Proceedings of SPIE Photonics West, San Francisco, CA (Feb. 2014).
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Saturable absorption in multi-core versus multimode waveguide junctions for mode-locked laser applications,” Optics Express 21, 30739-30745 (2013).
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Mode-locking in multi-core fiber nonlinear couplers,” OSA Frontiers in Optics (FiO), Orlando, FL (Oct. 2013).
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Saturable absorption in multicore fiber couplers,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 30, 2787-2790 (2013).
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Saturable absorption in a short graded-index multimodeoptical fiber using nonlinear multimodal interference,” Nonlinear Optics (NLO), Kohala Coast, Hawaii (2013).
- S. Karbasi, E. Nazemosadat, and A. Mafi, “ Enhancement of nonlinearity and phase-matching in Anderson localized 1D optical waveguides,” Nonlinear Optics (NLO), Kohala Coast, Hawaii (2013).
- E. Nazemosadat and A. Mafi, “Nonlinear multimodal interference and saturable
absorption using a short graded-index multimode optical fiber,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 30, 1357-1367 (2013).
- E. Nazemosadat and P. Shum, “All-Optical XOR Logic Gate Operating on Inputs
with Different Modulation Formats,” Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics,123, 2028-2030 ( 2011).
- E. Nazemosadat, P. Shum, and C. Lu, "All-Optical Simultaneous De-multiplexing
and Demodulation of RZ-DPSK OTDM Signals," IEEE Photonics Global Conference, Singapore, (Dec. 2010).
- E. Nazemosadat, P. Shum, C. Lu, and K. K. Y. Wong, "Numerical Investigation
of All-Optical RZ-8-APSK Generation Based on Fiber Nonlinearities," Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference (OECC 2010), Sapporo, Japan (July 2010).
- X. Xiao, P. Shum, E. Nazemosadat, and C. Yang, “Four-Wave-Mixing-Based Phase-Sensitive Amplification of Pulsed Signal in Fibers,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 21, 483-485 (2009).
- X. Xiao, P. Shum, E. Nazemosadat, and C. Yang, "Four-Wave Mixing of
Pulsed Signal in Dispersion-Shifted Fiber with Pump Depletion," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 20, 1231-1233, (2008).