Ying Li Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, 2007
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 2004
- M.S., Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 2002
- B.S., Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 1999
Honors and Awards:
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2013.
- UWM Research Foundation Research Fellows Award, 2010.
- Milton Feldstein Memorial Scholarship (1st Place) awarded by the Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) in recognition of excellence in air quality research and study, 2006.
- 1st Place in the Student Paper Poster Competition (doctoral level) in the 99th A&WMA Annual Conference & Exhibition, New Orleans, June 2006.
- Fuels from sunlight (photoreduction of CO2 to fuels; solar hydrogen; concentrated solar reactor)
- CO2 capture and utilization (functionalized CO2 sorbents; CO2 fixation by microalgae)
- Nanomaterial synthesis and characterization
- Energy storage devices
- Pollution control (emissions control from combustion sources; atmospheric pollutants; wastewater treatment)
- Aerosol science and technology
- Zhao, H.L, Liu, L.J., Andino, J., Li, Y.* Bicrystalline TiO2 with Controllable Anatase/Brookite Phase Content for Enhanced CO2 Photoreduction to Fuels. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2013, 1, 8209-8216.
- Liu, L.J., Zhao, C.Y, Zhao, H.L, Pitts, D., Li, Y.* Porous Microspheres of MgO-Patched TiO2 for CO2 Photoreduction with H2O Vapor: Temperature-Dependent Activity and Stability. Chemical Communications. 2013, 49, 3664-3666.
- Liu, L.J., Gao, F., Zhao, H.L, Li, Y.* Tailoring Cu Valence and Oxygen Vacancy in Cu/TiO2 Catalysts for Enhanced CO2 Photoreduction Efficiency. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2013, 134-135, 349-358.
- Zhao, C.Y., Liu, L.J., Zhang, Q.Y., Wang, J., Li, Y.* Photocatalytic Conversion of CO2 and H2O to Fuels by Nanostructured Ce-TiO2/SBA-15 Composites. Catalysis Science & Technology, 2012, 2, 2558-2568.
- Liu, L.J, Zhao, H.L., Andino, J. M., Li, Y.* Photocatalytic CO2 reduction with H2O on TiO2 nanocrystals: Comparison with anatase, rutile, brookite polymorphs and exploration of surface chemistry. ACS Catalysis, 2012, 2, 1817-1828.
- Zhang, Q.Y., Gao, T., Andino, J. M., Li, Y.* Copper and Iodine Co-modified TiO2 Nanoparticles for Improved Activity of CO2 Photoreduction with Water Vapor. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2012, 123-124, 257-264.
- Zhao, C.Y., Krall, A.J., Zhao, H.L., Zhang, Q.Y., Li, Y.* Ultrasonic spray pyrolysis synthesis of Ag/TiO2 nanocomposite photocatalysts for simultaneous H2 production and CO2 reduction. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2012, 37(13), 9967-9976.
- Liu, L.J, Zhao, C.Y., Li, Y.* Spontaneous dissociation of CO2 to CO on defective surface of Cu(I)/TiO2-x nanoparticles at room temperature. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 2012, 116, 7904-7912.
- Zhang, Q.Y., Li, Y.*, Ackerman, E., Gajdardziska-Josifovska, M. Photocatalytic Conversion of CO2 to Fuels by Iodine-Doped TiO2 Nanocomposites. Applied Catalysis, A: General. 2011, 400, 195-202.
- Li, Y.*, Wang, W.N., Zhan, Z., Woo, M.H., Wu, C.Y., Biswas, P. Photocatalytic Reduction of CO2 with H2O on Mesoporous Silica Supported Cu/TiO2 Catalysts. Applied Catalysis, B: Environmental, 2010, 100, 386-392.
- Li, Y., Murphy, P. D., Wu, C. Y., Powers, K. W., Bonzongo, J.-C. Development of silica/vanadia/titania catalysts for removal of elemental mercury from coal combustion flue gas. Environmental Science & Technology, 2008, 42, 5304-5309.
- Li, Y., Murphy, P. D., Wu, C. Y. Removal of elemental mercury from simulated coal-combustion flue gas using a SiO2-TiO2 nanocomposite. Fuel Processing Technology, 2008, 89, 567-573.
- Li, Y., Wu, C. Y. Kinetic study for photocatalytic oxidation of elemental mercury on a SiO2-TiO2 nanocomposite. Environmental Engineering Science, 2007, 24 (1), 3-12.
- Li, Y., Wu, C. Y. Role of moisture in adsorption, photocatalytic oxidation, and reemission of elemental mercury on a SiO2-TiO2 nanocomposite. Environmental Science & Technology. 2006, 40, 6444-6448.