Jin Li, Ph.D.
Dr. Li has taken on the challenge of incorporating rigid engineering standards into the ever-changing world of biology. She has researched storm water pollutants as well as the nanocatalysts for wastewater purification. She has also evaluated methane production from waste water systems and has written a number of articles on how E-Coli is contained and transported.
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2001
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Zhejiang University, 1996
- B.S., Environmental Engineering, Zhejiang University, 1994
- Fate and Transport of Microbial Pollutants in the Environment,
- Water and Wastewater Treatment;
- Microbial Biofilm;
- Hazardous Waste Treatment
- Walczak1, J.J., Wang L.X., Feriancikova1, L., Li, J and Xu, S.P., “Effects of desiccation on the survival and transport of E. coli K12 in saturated porous media”, Air Water and Soil Pollution (accepted)
- Walczak1, J.J., Wang L.X., Bardy S. L., Feriancikova1, L., Li, J and Xu, S.P., “The effects of starvation on the transport of Escherichia coli in saturated porous media are dependent on pH and ionic strength”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (accepted).
- Yamazaki, A., Li, J., Zeng, Q., Khokhani, D., Yost, A. C., Biddle, E., Toone, E. J., Chen, X., Yang, C. H., 2012, “Derivatives of plant phenolic compounds affect the type III secretion system of Pseudomonas aeruginosa via a GACs/GACa two component transduction”, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 56(1): 36-43.
- Wang, L.X., Xu, S.P., Li, J., 2011, “Effects of phosphate on the transport of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in saturated quartz sand”, Environmental Science and Technology, 45: 9566–9573.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J. 2011 “Biocontainment of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) on flat concrete surfaces by microbial carbonate precipitation”, Journal of Environmental Management, 92: 2860-2864.
- Gao, D.W., An, R., Tao, Y., Li, J., Li, X. X., Ren, N. Q. 2011, “Simultaneous methane production and wastewater reuse by a membrane-based process: Evaluation with raw domestic wastewater”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 186: 383-389.
- Yamazaki, A., Li, J., Hutchins, W. C., Wang, L., Ma, J., Ibekwe, A.M., Yang, CH, 2011, “Commensal effect of pectate lyases secreted from Dickeya dadantii on the poliferation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 EDL933 on lettuce leaves”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77(1): 156-162.
- Liu, Y., Soonthornnonda, P., Li, J. and Christensen, E. R. 2011. “Stormwater runoff characterized by GIS determined of source areas and runoff volumes”. Environmental Management, 47:201-217.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J., 2010, “Optimum conditions for microbial carbonate precipitation”. Chemosphere, 81:1143-1148.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J., Ramme, B., Kollakowsky, D. and Michaud, D. 2009，“Thermal removal of mercury in powdered activated carbon (PAC) from TOXECON process”, ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 135(10), 1032–1040.
- Sharma K.; Liu H.; Lau B.; Li J.; Yu T.; Liu Y. 2009, “Biological fixed film systems”, Water Environment Research, 81(10), 1194–1216.
- Liu, Y., Li, J. 2008, “Role of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm in the initial adhesion, growth and detachment of Escherichia coli in porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology,42(2), 443–449.
- Liu, Y., Yang, C.-H., Li, J. 2008, “Adhesion and retention of a bacterial phytopathogen Erwinia chrysanthemi in biofilm-coated porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology, 42(1), 159–165.
- Soonthornnonda, P., Christensen, E. R., Liu, Y., and Li. J. 2008, “A washoff model for stormwater pollutants”, Science of the Total Environment, 402(2-3), 248-256.
- Liu, Y., Yang, C.-H., Li, J. 2007, “Influence of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) on Pseudomonas aeruginosa transport and deposition in porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology, 41: 198-205.
- Liu, Y., Li, J., Qiu, X. and Burda, C. 2007, “Bactericidal activity of nitrogen-doped metal oxides nanocatalysts and the influence of bacterial extracellular polymeric substances (EPS)”, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 190: 94-100.
- Liu, Y., Li, J., Qiu, X. and Burda, C. 2006, “Novel TiO2 nanocatalysts for wastewater purification-tapping energy from the sun”, Water Science and Technology, 54(8): 47-54.
- Li, J., McLellan, S. L. and Ogawa, S. 2006, “Accumulation and fate of green fluorescent labeled Escherichia coli in biofilms in laboratory-scale drinking water biofilters,” Water Research, 40: 3023-3028.
- Liu, Y., Chen, X. Li, J., and Burda, C. 2005, “Photocatalytic degradation of azo dyes by nitrogen doped TiO2 nanocatalysts,” Chemosphere, 61(1): 11-18.
- Li, J., Gao, X., Goeckner, B., Kollakowsky, D. and Ramme, B. 2005, “A pilot study of mercury liberation and capture from coal-fired power plant fly ash”, Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association. 55: 258-264.