Nikolai Kouklin, Ph.D.
If it’s longer than one-billonth of a meter, it won’t interest Dr. Nikolai Kouklin. He believes the nanometer is the scale at which future technologies are to operate. Nanotechnology has its primary goal of manipulating matter on atomic and molecular scales to enable novel nano-metric materials and interfaces for applications far beyond electronics. He has been working with the UWM Mechanical, Materials and Physics departments to expand the horizons in the areas of nano-bio-technologies, bio-medical devices and sensors.
- Ph.D., Engineering (Electrical) University of Nebraska-Lincoln 2001
- M.S., Applied Math and Physics Moscow Institute of Phys&Tech 1997
- B.S., Applied Math and Physics Moscow Institute of Phys&Tech 1996
Improving the performance of nano-electronic materials and their based devices for sensing, communication and energy harvesting application.
- Hosseini T, Kouklin N., Synthesis, spectroscopic and photoconduction characteristics of coaxial poly(2-methoxy-5-(2’-ethyl-hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene-vinylene single-walled carbon nanotube films with Ohmic-like transport attributes, J. APPL. POLYM. SCI., (2013)
- T. Hosseini, I. Flores-Vivian, K. Sobolev, N. Kouklin, Concrete Embedded Dye-Synthesized Photovoltaic Solar Cell, Scientific Reports, 3, 2727 (2013)
- T. Hosseini T., Omari. M, Kouklin N., Carbon Nanotube IR-Photothermovoltaic Devices: Power, Fill Factor, and Transient Response, ELECTRON DEVICE LETTERS, 34 , 7 , 924-926 (2013)
- N. Kouklin, M. Omari and A. Gupta, "Transition Metal-Doped ZnO Nanowires: En Route Towards Multi-colour Light Sensing and Emission Applications", chapter in "Nanowires Science and Technology", InTech, Austria, ISBN 978-953-7619-89-3, (2010)
- Kouklin “Cu-doped ZnO nanowires for efficient multispectral photodetection applications”, Advanced Materials, 20, 2190 (2008)
- M. Omari, A. Gupta and N. Kouklin "Temperature-dependent studies of defect-assisted light emission and excitation processes in crystalline ZnO nanowire phosphors", Journal of Applied Physics, 108, 024315 (2010)
- A.Gupta, M.Omari and N.Kouklin, “Spectral investigation of carrier recombination processes in ZnO nanorods at high temperatures”, J. Appl. Physics, 103,124312 (2008)
- A.Gupta, M.Omari and N.Kouklin, "Ultraviolet pre-avalanche photoconduction properties of transitional metal-doped ZnO nanowires", Journal of Elect. Materials, 38, 596 (2009)
- N.Kouklin, S.Sen, J.Liang "Second-Order Self-Assembled Nano-semiconductors and Oxides by Nanometric Alumina Templates: Device Properties and Applications" , chapter in "Handbook of Nanoceramics and Their Based Nanodevices", American Scientific Publishers, ISBN: 978-1588831149 (2009)
- B. Hansen, N. Kouklin, G. Lu, I-Kuan Lin, J. Chen, and X. Zhang "Transport, Analyte Detection and Opto-Electronic Response of p-type CuO nanowires", J. of Chem. Phys. C, 114, 2440 (2010)
- S.Sen and N.Kouklin, "Nanofabrication Based on Self-Assembled Alumina Templates", chapter in "Nanofabrication: Fundamentals and Applications", World Scientific, ISBN: 978-981270-076-6 (2008) D. Chowdhary and N.Kouklin “ dc-Photoconduction studies of single walled carbon nanotube bundles”, Physical Review B, 76, 1 (2007).