Hossein Hosseini, Ph.D.
A native of Teheran, Iran, Hoseini has been a leading architect in what now makes up modern computer networking. He is an international leader on subjects including computer graphics and wireless networks. One of his former students, Satya Nadella, is Microsoft CEO.
- Ph.D., 1982, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- M.S., 1977, Department of Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- B.S., 1972, Department of Electrical Engineering, Polytechnique University, Tehran
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networks
- Embedded Systems
- Distributed and Parallel Systems
- M Goyal, D Rohm, W Xie, H Hosseini, K Trivedi, Y Bashir, A Divjak, “A Stochastic Model for Beaconless Operation of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC,” Computer Communications, 2011.
- Hamed El-Afandi, Hossein Hosseini, and K. Vairavan, "Wireless Ad Hoc Protocols: A Comparison Study of DSR, AODV and IWAR," Journal of Computational Methods in Science and Engineering, Special Issue, Vol. 6, No. 5, pages 181-190, Dec. , 2006
- M. Goyal, W. Xie, S. H. Hosseini, and K. Vairavan, and D. Rohm, “Improving OSPF Dynamics on a Broadcast LAN,” SIMULATION of Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International – Special Issue on Recent Advances in Network Modeling and Simulation, Vol. 82, No. 2, pp. 107-130, Feb. 2006.
- S. H. Hosseini, B. Litow, M. Malkawi, J. McPherson, and K. Vairavan, "Analysis of a Graph Coloring Based Distributed Load Balancing Algorithm," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 160-166, October 1990.
- S. H. Hosseini, J. G. Kuhl, and S. M. Reddy, "A Diagnostic Algorithm for Distributed Computing Systems with Dynamic Failure and Recovery," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. C-33, No. 3, pp. 223-233, March 1984