Woo Jin Chang, Ph. D.
- Ph.D., Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 2001
- M.S., Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 1996
- B.E., Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 1994
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
Honors and Awards:
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Marquis Who's Who, 2006-2008
- Outstanding poster award, Korean Society of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Fall conference, 2006.
- Jiang Yang, Ji-Hyuk Yu, J. Rudi Strickler, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, “Pocket-size electrochemical microfluidic devices for enzyme-free glucose sensing based on one-step modification of screen printed electrodes with chitosan/reduced graphene oxide/Ni nanoparticles”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 47, 530-538, 2013.
- Aaron Chen, Tom Byvank, Woo-Jin Chang, Atul Bharde, Greg Vieira, Brandon Miller, Jeffrey J. Chalmers, Rashid Bashir and Ratnasingham Sooryakumar, “On-chip Magnetic Separation and Encapsulation of Cells in Droplets”, Lab Chip, 13, 1172-1181, 2013.
- In Soo Park, Kilho Eom, Jong Sang Son, Woo-Jin Chang, Kidong Park, Taeyun Kwon, Dae Sung Yoon, Rashid Bashir, Sang Woo Lee, “A Micro-Fluidic Multifunctional Probe Array Dielectrophoretic Force Spectroscopy with Wide Loading Rates”, ACS Nano, 6(10), 8665-8673, 2012.
- Tae-Woo Lee, Han-Sung Kim, Thuan-Hieu Tran, Jaesung Jang, Dae Sung Yoon, Jin-Hwan Kim, Eun-Ki Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, Sang Woo Lee, Woo-Jin Chang (corresponding author), “Diffusion-based multi-stream bioluminescent reaction in a microfluidic device”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 185-186, 321-327, 2012.
- Tae-Woo Lee, Ki-Hawn Nam, Sang-Hyun Baek, Woo-Jin Chang, Sun-Kook Kim, Han-Sung Kim, Dae-Sung Yoon, and Sang-Woo Lee, “Numerical and Experimental Study on Dielectrophoretic and Electrohydrodynamic Traps using Micro-Particles on an Interdigitated Electrode Array System”, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences & Numerical Simulation, 11(7), 511-518, 2010.
- Woo-Jin Chang, Ho-Jun Suk, A. K. M. Newaz, Kirk D. Wallace, Samuel A. Wickline, Stuart A. Solin, Rashid Bashir, “Fluidic measurement of electric field sensitivity of Ti-GaAs Schottky junction gated field effect biosensors”, Biomedical Microdevices, 12, 849-854, 2010.
- K. M. Newaz, W.-J. Chang (co-first author), K. D. Wallace, L. C. Edge, S. A. Wickline, R. Bashir, A. M. Gilbertson, L. F. Cohen, and S. A. Solin, “A nanoscale Ti/GaAs metal-semiconductor hybrid sensor for room temperature light detection”, Appl. Physics Lett., 97, 082105, 2010 (equally contributed first author).
- Sang Hyun Baek, Woo-Jin Chang, Ju-Yeoul Baek, Dae Sung Yoon, Rashid Bashir, Sang Woo Lee, “Dielectrophoretic technique for measurement of chemical and biological interactions”, Anal. Chem., 81, 7737-7742, 2009 (selected as a cover article).
- Joo-Hyung Choi, Woo-Jin Chang (corresponding author), Sang-Woo Lee, “Phase-separation properties of poly(ethylene glycol) and dextran solutions in microfluidic device”, J. Biomed. Eng. Res., 28(2), 244-249, 2007.
- Yi-Shao Liu, T. M. Walter, Woo-Jin Chang, Kwan-Seop Lim, Liju Yang, S. W. Lee, A. Aronson, R. Bashir, “Electrical detection of germination of model Bacillus anthracis spores in microfluidic biochips”, Lab-on-a-chip, 7, 603-610, 2007.
- Hye-Mee Park, Sang-Woo Lee, Woo-Jin Chang (corresponding author), Yoon-Mo Koo, “Affinity separation by protein conjugated IgG in aqueous two-phase systems using horseradish peroxidase as a ligand carrier”, J. Chromatogr. B, 856, 108-112, 2007.
- Kwan Seop Lim, Woo-Jin Chang, Yoon-Mo Koo, Rashid Bashir, “Reliable fabrication method of transferable micron scale metal pattern for poly(dimethylsiloxane) metallization”, Lab-on-a-chip, 6, 578-580, 2006.
- Ki-Hwan Nam, Woo-Jin Chang, Hyejin Hong, Sang-Min Lim, Dong-Il Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, “Continuous-flow fractionation of animal cells in microfluidic devices using aqueous two-phase extraction”, Biomedical Microdevices, 7(3), 189-195, 2005.
- Tom T. Huang, Tao Geng, Demir Akin, Woo-Jin Chang, Jennifer Sturgis, Rashid Bashir, Arun K. Bhunia, J. Paul Robinson, Michael R. Ladisch, “Micro-assembly of functionalized particulate monolayer on C18-derivatized SiO2 surfaces”, Biotechnol. & Bioeng., 83(4), 416-427, 2003.
- Kyung Won Ro, Woo-Jin Chang, Ho Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, Jong Hoon Hahn, “Capillary electrochromatography and preconcentration of neutral compounds on poly(dimethylsiloxane) microchips”, Electrophoresis, 24, 3253–3259, 2003.
- Tom T. Huang, Woo-Jin Chang, Demir Akin, Rafael Gomez, Rashid Bashir, Nathan Mosier, and Michael R. Ladisch, “Microfiber assisted fabrication of microfluidic channels using PDMS”, AIChE, 49(11), 2984-2987, 2003.