Pursue your passion
At UWM, we offer master’s and doctoral degrees, certificates, and a non-degree program in Engineering and Applied Science. The following explains what you need to do to apply to one of these programs.
You must satisfy the admission requirements for the UWM Graduate School and the College of Engineering program to which you are applying.
- College of Engineering program admission requirements
- UWM Graduate School admissions requirements and application
- International Students: Additional requirements apply. Review the admission requirements.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for all domestic and international applicants.
- International students: In addition to the GRE test, proof of language proficiency is required for your application. Review the requirements at the UWM Center for International Education website.
- Ph.D. Exams
See Program Information below, or specific Qualifying Exam criteria for the following departments:
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Areas of study
- Qualifying exam
- Prelim/proposal hearing
- UWM Graduate program and course catalog
- Academic policies and procedures
Have unanswered questions about admissions or program requirements? Contact Betty Warras, College of Engineering Graduate Program Specialist, at email@example.com or 414-229-6169.
There are many ways to make your graduate education affordable at UWM: