Graduate Internship Program
The graduate internship program is designed to expand academic learning beyond the traditional classroom and laboratory setting, combining both the art and the science of engineering and computer science. This provides students with balanced training and enables an understanding of specific, technical industry needs.
The program is for high-achieving, entering graduate students. Students are recruited locally and nationally. They work directly with industrial clients while completing their graduate studies at UWM.
Benefits for Students
- Gain valuable work experience with nationally and internationally known companies
- Obtain a master’s degree while staying in touch with industry needs
- Network and develop contacts for full-time positions after graduation
Benefits for Employers
- Enhances recruitment
- Improves retention
- Promotes college relations
- Provides a good source of labor
- Enables improved use of permanent employees
Juli Pickering, Director of Career Services