The Advanced Analysis Facility provides partnership with industry. Industry projects include long or short-term research at various levels in the product development cycle or failure analysis realms. Typically, projects last days to weeks and include several hours of instrumentation time conducted by AAF staff, although longer term collaboration or external user instrument training can be arranged.
The AAF has successfully completed hundreds of projects with Southeast Wisconsin companies over the past 25 years.
For more information about your project needs and how instrumentation at the Advanced Analysis Facility can help, please contact researcher Dr. Steve Hardcastle.
Examples of Project Topics and Capabilities:
- Thermal analysis of polymers
- Analysis of contaminated surfaces
- Phase identification of metallographic samples
- Corrosion testing and corrosion product identification
- Analysis of organic coatings/coatings thickness
- Dimensional analysis of features on sub-micron scale
- Structure analysis of crystalline powders
- Porosity, pore size, and surface area of powders