Finding Funding for your Research
In addition to this SOE internal funding mechanism, the Office of Research at UWM has two internal funding mechanisms: (1) The Research Growth Initiative (RGI); and (2) The Faculty Research and Creative Activities Support Awards (FRACAS) Awards.
The Research Growth Initiative® (RGI) is an internal seed funding program that supports high-quality research projects in the early stages. Its objective is to increase UWM’s research productivity, scholarship, creative endeavors, collaborative projects, and external funding by investing in proposals selected through an independent and objective process. For more information about this funding program, visit the Office of Research’s Internal Grant Programs page.
The Research and Creative Activities Support (RACAS) Awards provide competitive support for faculty research and creative activities. In so doing, they highlight the breadth of meritorious scholarship across UWM. Projects supported with RACAS funds are expected to result in appropriate scholarly products that will increase the national and international recognition of the awardees, their programs, and the institution. Examples include: publications, creative works, proposals for extramural funding and/or named fellowships, and artistic performances. For more information about these awards, visit the Office of Research’s Internal Grant Programs page.
• Contact Kari Whittenberger-Keith (email@example.com) for assistance with PIVOT and proposal development.
• Contact Alan Shoho (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance finding collaborators or identifying community partnerships.
• Your grant must be submitted for internal approval using WISPER.
• You can find important information pertaining to proposal development by visiting the Office of Research’s Frequently Requested Information page.
• WISDM should be used to keep track of your budget. Guidelines for using WISDM can be found here. Be sure to follow agency reporting guidelines.
• Effort reporting MUST be completed by PIs each semester to ensure that we are complying with federal regulations.
• CORE students can assist you with database management, statistical analyses, and much more!
• Work with your sponsor Program Officer regarding reporting requirements.
Institutional Research Support
Contact Rita Delzer (email@example.com) with questions or for assistance.