View the SOE Courses & Offerings (PDF)

Continuing Students

Register through PAWS.

To view the selection of classes, visit the UWM Schedule of Classes page, and select the appropriate semester/term. When you find a class in which you want to enroll, make a note of the 5-digit class number.

Admission & Registration

Are you new and want to register for our courses?

Enrollment in our courses is a two-step process:

To be admitted to UW-Milwaukee for UNDERGRADUATE CREDIT non-degree, please complete and submit the University of Wisconsin Online Application as soon as possible. Please refer to the How To Submit the Off-Campus Non-Degree Tutorial (DOC) for assistance.

To be admitted to UW-Milwaukee for GRADUATE CREDIT non-degree, please complete and submit the online Off-Campus Course Application Form as soon as possible.

The page works best using the Mozilla Firefox browser. You will receive an email confirmation with a PDF attached. Save it, as it may take 8-10 business days to process your application. It’s IMPORTANT to let us know via email when you’ve completed this first step.

Please complete Step 2 immediately after submitting your Off-Campus Course Application form online.

Step 2: Print the Off-Campus Course Registration form below for the section and credit level identified on your Off-Campus Course Application. Complete, sign and return your form via email to or by fax to (414) 229-3633 – Attn: Robin Pagan (Please include your preferred phone and/or email on the fax cover sheet).

Off-Campus Course Registration Form (PDF)

Office of Academic Affairs: Teaching & Learning – Professional Development & Outreach

For additional information, please contact us via phone at (414)  229-4728 or email at

Registration Resources

For Assistance

Call the UWM Help Desk at (414) 229-4040 or Toll Free at (877) 381-3459.

Undergraduate Assistance

Contact the Department of Admissions & Recruitment at (414) 229-2222.

Graduate Assistance

Shane Haensgen
(414) 229-4495

UWM Graduate School
(414) 229-6569

Graduate Credit Versus Undergraduate

To register for Graduate credit, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and should be registering in a course approved for graduate credit. Courses taken for graduate credit may, with proper approvals; be counted toward an advanced degree at UW-Milwaukee. No more than nine graduate credits earned in UWM off-campus graduate courses prior to admission to a UWM graduate program may be considered for transfer toward the UWM graduate degree program.

To register for Undergraduate credit, you must at least hold a high school diploma or the equivalent. When taking a course as part of a job requirement or for advancement on a salary schedule, you should be certain whether graduate or undergraduate credit will be accepted.

Career (Credit Level) Changes

A career (credit level) change is considered a drop of the original course. To avoid an assessment for dropped courses, you must request a change in career (credit level) in writing to UWM Enrollment Services no later than the second week of classes for full-semester courses, and during the first week of classes for courses of less than a full semester’s duration. Level change applies to all courses in which you are enrolled for that term.

Accessibility Resource Center (ARC)

The Accessibility Resource Center offers support, information and referral services to all UWM students with disabilities. To receive services from SAC, you must register with the Center and provide early notification of any class, workshop or other activity. For information or details, call the Accessibility Resource Center at (414) 229-6287 (Voice/TTY), or visit 112 Mitchell Hall, 3203 N. Downer Ave.


A student who is enrolled in courses located “off-campus” (Lec 1## series) will be assessed a reduced tuition. The on-campus (Lec 3## Series) tuition rate includes segregated fees, which offers access to the UWM Union, Norris Health Center, bus passes and other campus services. Tuition payment is due on the date specified on the fee statement invoice. A $50 late registration fee may be assessed for registrations submitted after the Friday before the course begins. Fees are assessed at either all undergraduate credit or all graduate credit within a given semester as determined by the student’s classification. A student cannot take both undergraduate and graduate credits during the same semester.

Tuition Rate Schedules

Need to Renew Teaching License or Got DPI Stipulations?

Are you looking for a course for your 5-year license renewal or courses that meet DPI stipulations; or are you thinking about a new career path?

Currently, educators who were licensed before 2004 can opt to renew their licenses by completing 6 credits every five years.

Head shotsRob Longwell-Grice (School of Education, Office of Student Services), is here to assist you. Rob will help you find courses that will meet the requirements for your license renewal; as well as those that meet Wisconsin’s Department of Public Instruction (DPI) stipulations. As the Graduate recruitment coordinator, he can also talk with you about the different graduate degrees we offer. Feel free to contact him by phone at (414) 229-3059 or email at

Listing of Courses That Satisfy DPI Stipulations (PDF)

Cancellations and Refunds Policy

Cancellations must be received in writing one week prior to the start of program in order to receive a full refund of the registration fee. Otherwise, fees paid may be applied to another event.

The School of Education Professional Development and Outreach Office may cancel events that are under subscribed. Registrants will be notified and may apply fees paid to another event, or request a full refund.

Refunds will be issued for duplicate payments upon receipt of written notification from the customer.

Privacy Policy

We respect your privacy. Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, rented, disclosed, or loaned. Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or send an e-mail.

Doing Business As

UWM School of Education Professional Development and Outreach
Customer Service
(414) 229-4728