Les T. Johnson
Les T. Johnson is the Educational Technology Consultant for the School of Education. In this role, he:
- Works with faculty around integrating technology with their teaching and scholarship
- Creates and implements technology-enhanced activities, e-learning interfaces, video media, and digital content
- Provides technology support for student course evaluations, ePortfolios, and teacher performance assessments
- Conducts educational technology research
- Supports training and professional development needs of faculty, staff, and students
Johnson’s scholarly interests include intersections of identity, pedagogy in online courses, and qualitative research methods. He teaches courses technology use in K-12 classrooms, LGBT studies, and social foundations of education. Prior to coming to UWM, Johnson taught grades K-8 at schools in Boulder, Colorado.
Johnson received his Ph.D. in Urban Education from UWM. He also holds an M.A. in Elementary Education from University of Colorado-Boulder and a B.S. in Environmental and Forest Biology from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry. In 2010, Johnson received a Certificate in Online and Blended Teaching from UWM’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and now serves as a course reviewer for this program.