UWMWP Conference on the Teaching of Writing
Saturday, February 24 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The UWM Writing Project’s 5th Annual Conference on the Teaching of Writing will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at the UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (at the Grand Avenue Mall).
Join teachers from all grade levels and subject areas for this outstanding professional development event, presented by Teacher Leaders actively studying their teaching of writing and its results. Try new strategies, enrich the conversation, and meet colleagues who value learning and leading.
The cost is $50 and includes lunch and a reduced parking rate of $6. Registration form is listed below.
Interactive, hands-on sessions cover a range of topics. Some of this year’s titles include:
- Digital Learning Coach
- Research as a Conversation
- Effective Word Choice: Translating Ideas Successfully When Writing
- We All Have a Story to Tell
- Genre: Urban Arts— a Playground for Creatives
- The Power of Metaphor: Using Metaphor and Critical Lens Theory to Promote Higher-Order Thinking & Writing Across All Content Areas
- Write It So They’ll Read It
- Slow Their Roll! Why Students Must Understand Before They Argue
- Where I’m Coming From: Flexible Thinking through Perspective Taking
- All the World’s an Argument! Find a Topic Worth Arguing About