Urban Autism Summit 2018
Saturday, June 23 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Please Join Us for the Urban Autism Summit 2018 – Leadership Throughout the Lifespan
People on the spectrum can be strong, capable and skillful self-advocates, no matter the age!
If your family has been touched by autism, you are an adult on the spectrum or a professional who supports individuals living with autism, please join us!
Penfield Montessori Academy
1441 N. 24th Street
Milwaukee, WI. 53205
Children’s Workshops Available!
Parents will need to be on-site during the entire time the child is participating. Workshops are focused on play, theater, movement, and art. They are also age-specific. Siblings 4 years and up are welcome!
Adult Workshop Session Topics Include
- Self-Advocacy, Self Determination and Supported Decision Making
- Men’s Roundtable (Men’s only session)
- Transition to Adulthood
- Coping with Stress
- Navigating the Maze
- Long-Term Care
- Post-Secondary Employment
Door Prize Drawings
For attendees who are individuals on the spectrum, or who care for children and adults on the spectrum, including movie tickets, an iPad, books, sensory boxes, gift boxes and much more!
Registration for the Urban Autism Summit 2018 will be available soon.
- UWM Exceptional Education Department
- Autism Society of SE Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Center for Independence
- Marquette University
- Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin
- Wisconsin LEND Program
- Milwaukee Public Schools
- First Stage Children’s Theater