Whether you’re already a higher education instructor or looking to break into teaching at the college level, this multidisciplinary, 15-credit graduate certificate from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee will set you apart from the competition.
While many graduate programs train students to become experts in their fields, few focus on the tools needed to succeed in the classroom. This certificate will ensure you have a deeper understanding of the research and theory behind teaching and learning, a real asset for your students — and your career.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Internationally known faculty at Wisconsin’s most diverse university.
- Small class sizes that allow you to really get to know your professors and classmates.
- Unbeatable flexibility — classes meet once a week, alternating weeks and online (you can even do the entire program online).
- Rewarding career opportunities teaching at universities, vocational and technical colleges, or in adult continuing education programs.
Online Program Requirements
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to admission, must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and must declare their intent to pursue the certificate before completion of six credits in the certificate sequence.
- Applicants with a graduate degree must have a minimum 3.00 graduate grade point average.
- Applicants not already admitted to the Graduate School must complete the UW System Online Admission Application. Select “Graduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” as your reason for applying.
If you are interested in applying for this program, or would like to get more information, please let us know by filling out the Teaching and Learning in Higher Education declaration form below.
The Teaching & Learning in Higher Education Certificate is subject to gainful employment regulations.