Online education continues to grow, and higher education institutions are looking for professionals who know how to best educate, motivate, and support online students.
At UWM, a national leader in online education, you’ll gain a critical, reflective understanding of the research and theory behind online teaching, learning, and student support. This 15-credit certificate draws upon innovative theoretical and practical insights from the School of Education’s Adult & Continuing Education Leadership and Higher Education Administration programs.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Learn from faculty with deep knowledge and experience in online education and student support.
- Benefit from small class sizes and a completely online format.
- Gain important knowledge and skill-sets to recruit and retain online students, the fastest-growing population in higher education.
- Discover rewarding career opportunities as an online advisor, academic success coach, tutoring coordinator, center manager, adult educator, or other student services personnel.
2 in 1: Earn A Master’s Degree & Certificate
At the UW-Milwaukee School of Education Department of Administrative Leadership, you can earn a Master’s degree and a certificate, individually or at the same time. These offerings are perfect for anyone looking to advance their career in higher education, adult and continuing education, and for educators in the healthcare field.
Note: You must complete an application (including the application fee) for both programs.
For More Information
- You must complete a bachelor’s degree prior to admission, have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and declare your intent to pursue the certificate before completing six credits in the certificate sequence.
- If you have a graduate degree, you must have a minimum 3.00 graduate grade point average.
- If you are not already admitted to the Graduate School, you must complete the UWM Graduate School Online Admission Application. Select “Graduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” as your reason for applying.
If you’re interested in applying for this program or would like more information, please let us know by filling out the Support Services for Online Students in Higher Education declaration form below.
If you are interested in applying for this program, or would like to get more information, please let us know by filling out the Support Services for Online Students in Higher Education declaration form below.