MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2017
There will be no Monday weekly on November 27th. The next Monday weekly will be December 4th. I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSIONS UPDATE
Here are the semester credit hour generation, applications and net admissions data for the Fall 2018 semester as of November 13, 2017, point in time from a year ago.
Undergraduate admissions – SOE is down 2 in net admissions (up 69 in applications)
Transfer admissions – SOE is down 2 in net admissions (down 1 in applications)
Graduate admissions – SOE is up 8 in admissions (up 20 in applications)
Total admissions (UG, T, and G) – up 4 in admissions (up 88 in applications)
This week I had regular monthly meetings with Razia Azen, Adrienne Woods, and my regular weekly meeting with the Deans. This was a short week since I was in DC for the APLU Conference.
On Wednesday afternoon, I participated in the 3rd coffee conversation. I was paired with Ryan Mason and Kristin Roosevelt. We responded to the prompt of who was the most important people in our personal and career life. Each of us had mentors, colleagues, and family who support us.
DPI PERMANENT RULE CHANGES
Here is an update on the timeline for DPI’s proposed permanent rule changes:
- December 1 – submit final draft to Legislative Council
- January – Hold four public hearings around the state and accept public comments
- February – Review all testimony and public comments and then produce final version
- March 1 – Submit final rule to legislature
DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 19th – SOE All School Meeting with Provost, 1:00 – 2:30 pm in Enderis 107
- May 10th – Spring All School Meeting starts at 1:00 pm in the 4th floor Library conference room
For faculty assistance and support, check the SOE Administrative Support Dashboard.