UWM is committed to fulfilling its civic mission and engaging students in the Milwaukee community through volunteerism, service-learning, and leadership development. Non-profit agencies, governmental offices, and public and private schools can partner with the CCBLLR by filling out the Partnership Request Form, and then contacting Laurie Marks at email@example.com or by calling 414-229-3161 to see which programs are the best suited to your agency’s needs.
- Service-Learning Timeline (Word or PDF)
- Service-Learning Agreement and Special Project Request Form (PDF)
- LEAD MKE team building sessions for your organization
Current Project-Based Service Learning Offerings for Partners
- Need a Map? Each Spring UWM offers a course to social welfare students where they learn the process for creating GIS Maps using existing data sets and accompanying technical reports. If your agency would benefit from having a GIS map that explores issues in your geographic community, please contact us.
- Need a Grant Writer? Each Fall UWM offers a course in grant writing. While students are responsible for identifying an agency to work with on their own, the CCBLLR often provides a list to the faculty member for students who are not well connected to the Milwaukee non-profit community. If you would like to work with a student on writing a grant for your agency, please contact us.
- Have a business or technical writing project that needs to be done for a health care agency? We are currently looking for projects for Health Science 200: Allied Health Information Methods. If you work at an agency that would like to have students complete a professional writing project, please fill the form out this Health Science Writing Project Request Form.
[faq cat=”community” showtitle=”false”]