The Department of Communication’s process for admission to the Master’s program uses a rolling deadline for admissions targeted to the next term of instruction after the date of admission. A decision about admission is made soon as a student’s required file information is complete. This means we admit students all year long to the Master’s program. We recommend that you submit materials as soon as possible to guarantee timely admission for the term of instruction you want to begin studying for the degree.
For Fall Admission we would recommend completed files by June 1st to guarantee consideration, for Spring Admission we would recommend file completion by December 1st.
Teaching assistant applications should be filed by January 1st to receive complete consideration.
A complete application consists of:
- Online application completed at the UW-Milwaukee Graduate School.
- Statement of Reasons for Graduate Study—submitted to the UW-Milwaukee Graduate School online.
- Official copy of all undergraduate transcripts—sent to UW-Milwaukee Graduate School.
- Graduate Record Examination scores, this is a test provided by the Educational Testing Services; scores should be forwarded to the Department of Communication.
- Three letters of recommendation sent to the Department of Communication.
- Writing Sample sent to the Department of Communication.
- Students wishing to be considered for support as a Graduate Teaching Assistant should complete the Teaching Assistant (TA) Application Form.
For M.A. Program information, contact:
Sang-Yeon Kim, PhD
MA Program Director
Johnston Hall, 223
Department of Communication
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201