Course Support for STEM, Area Studies and Study Abroad
The UWM Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS) will offer up to two $1500 awards for development of new Latin American/Caribbean courses that clearly augment existing departmental course offerings. Payment is made either as salary (minus fringe benefits) or toward related research or conference travel.
Suggested categories may include but are not limited to the following:
- Online course (either a new course or redesign of a traditional classroom course)
- Short-term study abroad
- Professional School course
- Integrated course in Latin American, Caribbean and U.S. Latin@ Studies
Applicants must be UWM tenured, tenure-track faculty or senior teaching academic staff. A complete application consists of:
- General information about you, your department and course listing
- Description of proposed course (maximum: three pages) that includes a course rationale, learning outcomes, topics, and projected semester when course could first be offered. Indicate the projected course level (100, 200. etc.), course number (if known), and prerequisites. Suggest ideas for recruiting students for the course. Explain how the course is new to your department, program, or the instructor.
- Uploaded signed/dated letter from your department chair referencing your request, the course number and title, and containing the following attestation: “I agree that the faculty member listed above will be available to offer the course referred to in this proposal at least twice within a four-year period. Credit hours will accrue to the Department paying for the course.”
- Uploaded current, condensed Curriculum Vitae, 3-5 pages
Proposal deadline: rolling (please inquire)
Direct questions to: Lauren McHargue, email@example.com, NWQ B 2488
Note: Priority will be given to applicants who have not been funded in a previous competition.