Why Study Abroad?
Video Credit: Beza
Studying abroad through UWM is an opportunity to take your education anywhere in the world, experiencing life-changing moments, and learn about new cultures all while furthering your studies. Participating in a study abroad program is an opportunity to travel in a way that you might not be able to after you graduate.
The Center for International Education office has access to over 120 different program options or you can choose your own path.
Take a moment to explore more and learn more about the different programs, financial options, and more.
Travel the world
Different styles of education
Foreign language skills
How do I Choose?
Think about the type of experience you are looking to get out of studying abroad.
- Are you looking to master your fluency in another language? Learn a new one?
- Do you need to take classes in your major or earn credits towards your degree? Do you have electives that you have sitting around and want to use by exploring courses outside of your major?
- Experience a new country or go somewhere less commonly traveled?
Determine what you want to get out of studying abroad by determining your goals. It’ll help clear up the clutter on so many different programs and help you focus on what best fits you and your interests.
Where do I start?
Stop by CIE for a general advising session
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Tuesday, Thursday: 11:00AM – 1:00PM
Schedule a meeting with your academic advisor
Schedule a meeting with a study abroad coordinator
Don’t have a passport? Here’s how to get one