Now that you know where you want to go, you’re ready to begin the online application process!
Steps to Apply
Please note: Our application system does not work in Internet Explorer; try using Firefox or Chrome.
- Locate your program of interest in our Program Search.
- Click on the name of the program.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to create your application.
That’s it! You may log in and out of your online application as needed before the application deadline.
Already started an application? Click the appropriate link below to access your application.
Special Program Applications
- Non-UWM Program: Fall, Spring or Academic Year or Summer or UWinteriM
- Global Studies Internship: Fall or Spring or UWinteriM or Summer
- Sustainable Peacebuilding International Fieldwork Program: Summer
- Independent Research/Study: All Terms
- OUR-CIE Grant Recipients: All Terms
The online application will have four main categories:
- Recommendations – You will request electronic recommendations (e.g., Academic Recommendation or Academic Advisor Conference Sheet) by entering the person’s name and email into the online request form.
- Signature Documents – These are forms you will read and e-sign online.
- Material Submissions – You will submit hard copies of these forms directly to the CIE Study Abroad Office (e.g., an official transcript). You can bring these in person to the office or send it via mail.
- Note: The deposit may be paid via credit card online or submitted in person via check or money order.
- Application Questionnaires – These are online, fillable forms.
Please note: The following UWM-affiliated program providers require a separate application in addition to the one required by the UWM CIE Study Abroad Office. You must submit supporting documents for these separate applications directly to the CIE Study Abroad Office.
Most programs will have the following application deadlines; however, check our deadlines page for a list of exceptions.
- October 1: Spring, UWinteriM & Spring Break
- March 1: Academic Year, Fall & Summer