WHSMUN 2017: Thursday, March 23 – Friday, March 24, 2017
WHSMUN is a two-day conference offering high school students a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn about foreign policy and gain experience in the skills of international diplomacy through simulations of real world issues impacting individuals, families, and communities in member-states being discussed at the United Nations.
If you are experienced or have never participated in Model UN before, there is a place for you at WHSMUN!
Registration for the 2017 conference is now open. The deadline for registration is Friday, Oct. 28th. (*There is a possibility of reaching registration capacity before the October 28th deadline. Any applications received once we’ve reached capacity will be put on a waitlist and/or any applications received after the registration deadline will be accepted only if space is available or will be put on a waitlist.)
General Conference Information:
Position Paper Resources and Useful Tools:
- Position Paper Overview: Research and Writing Guide – Please reference this guide for the correct format for position papers to be considered for awards.
- Research Graphic Organizer
- Research Sources Guide
Resolution Writing Resources:
- Drafting a Resolution Guide
- Procedure for Passing and Amending a Resolution
- Examples of Phrases for Pre-ambulatory and Operative Clauses
Parliamentary Procedure Resources:
- WHSMUN Parliamentary Rules and Procedures – Updated 3/15/16
- WHSMUN Parliamentary Procedure Short Forms
If you are interested in the conference or have questions, please contact WHSMUN Coordinator, Dina Wolf, at firstname.lastname@example.org or WHSMUN 2017 Secretary-General, Michael Orlowski, at email@example.com.