A Summer Leadership Program for High School Students, July 15-18, 2015
Do you want to have an impact on your community and the world? Are you interested in social justice and global change? Join your peers at GATE in becoming leaders in your community!
GATE will introduce you to global issues through:
- interactive simulations
- small group activities
- thought-provoking discussions with your peers, university students, and expert speakers
- development of global competencies to investigate the world, recognize diverse perspectives, communicate ideas, and take action
- building college and career-ready skills
In 2015, GATE will explore youth movements. Youth are at the forefront of social movements of all kinds around the world, from violent extremist networks to peaceful movements for human rights and democracy. We’ll examine youth movements and activism in local, national, and global contexts and the role of young people in transforming neighborhoods, communities, and societies.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Registration Fees: $390 (Includes all instructional and recreational materials and expenses, Sandburg Residence Hall housing and meals)
- 2015 Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 24th
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. These scholarships are only available for the GATE program. To apply for a scholarship, please download the Scholarship Application and follow the application instructions for submitting to Dina Wolf
- Note: REGISTRATION FOR GATE 2015 IS CLOSED. If you have registered but have not returned your enrollment forms, please complete and return via e-mail: email@example.com, facsimile: 414-229-3626 or U.S. Mail: Attn: Dina Wolf, Institute of World Affairs, UW-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53211
If you are interested in GATE or have questions, please contact Dina Wolf at (414) 229-3312 or the email above.