A Summer Leadership Program for High School Students, July 20-23, 2016
Do you want to have an impact on your community and the world? Are you interested in social justice and global change? Join your peers at GATE in becoming leaders in your community!
In 2016, GATE participants will focus on the theme of Transforming our World Together. Participants will explore strategies, tools and tactics for engaging in current global issues and impacting change in local, regional, and global contexts.
The agenda for 2016 will include:
- interactive simulations
- small group activities
- thought-provoking discussions with your peers, university students, and expert speakers
- development of global competencies to investigate the world, recognize diverse perspectives, communicate ideas, and take action
- college and career-ready skills
- community building and recreational activities
HOW TO APPLY:
- Registration Fees: $390 (Includes all instructional and recreational materials and expenses, Sandburg Residence Hall housing and meals)
- Registration IS NOW OPEN: To register, please download, complete the Registration Form, and return to Dina Wolf via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or U.S. Mail, Attn: Dina Wolf, Institute of World Affairs, UW-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53211.
- Registration Deadline: June 21, 2016
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. These scholarships are only available for the GATE program. To apply scholarship, please download the Scholarship Application and follow the application instructions for submitting to Dina Wolf
If you are interested in GATE or have questions, please contact Dina Wolf at (414) 229-3312 or the email above.