As an interdisciplinary program, International Studies draws from the wide array of internationally-focused courses offered at UWM. Students in the major are required to take a set of introductory courses, ideally within their first two years at UWM, detailed in the curriculum. In their final year, students pursuing the major or the minor must enroll in International Studies 550 Senior Seminar for International Studies. This course has been taught by faculty from across campus, as it is a “topics course.” Some examples of topics offered through International Studies 550 include:
- Theatre of Genocide & Oppression, Joel Berkowitz Fall 2015-Berkowitz-IS 550
- Contemporary Issues in Global Justice, Erica Bornstein Fall 2016 – Bornstein-IS 550
- Cultures and Conflicts in the Middle East, Caroline Seymour-Jorn Spring 2017 – Seymour-Jorn -IS 550
- The Cosmopolitan Imagination, Nan Kim, Fall 2017 Fall 2017-Kim-IS 550
- If you would like information on future topics planned for this course, contact an International Studies Advisor.