Desire2Learn@UWM (abbreviated D2L) is UW-Milwaukee’s learning management system — a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of technology-enhanced, blended and online learning. The Brightspace product (formally named Desire2Learn) is used by all UW System institutions. Design and technical support is offered for course instructors and department support staff by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning. Student D2L support is provided by the UWM Help Desk.
In D2L, instructors (faculty, teaching academic staff, and teaching assistants) may develop course-specific sites that include a comprehensive set of tools designed to encourage pedagogically-sound online course practices.
D2L is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Outages are posted on the D2L Login Website (http://d2l.uwm.edu).
D2L is offered at no cost to UWM users. D2L and associated learning technologies are paid for using Common Systems funding at the UW System level, and contributed to by all UW institutions.
Who Can Use This Service?
- All UWM faculty, teaching, academic staff and teaching assistants offering courses during the academic year
- UWM administrative staff offering special courses to faculty, staff, or students as part of academic or administrative duties
- UWM students taking credit or non-credit courses as part of their academic career or development at UWM
- Non-UWM affiliates working with UWM faculty and staff to carry out the missions of UW-Milwaukee
All users may access D2L by going to the D2L Login Website (http://d2l.uwm.edu).
Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, Teaching Assistants
Instructors may access D2L once a course has been are assigned in PAWS. It may take 1-2 business days to gain access to D2L. Special access may be granted to instructors upon departmental approval.
Students may access D2L once they enroll in a course in PAWS. Enrollment changes can take 1-2 business days to be reflected in D2L.
Affiliates and Guests of UW-Milwaukee
Access may be granted by the UWM office you are associated with. UWM offices should contact the CETL Learning Technology Desk for more information.
Support is provided by different offices on-campus.
- Student may contact the UWM Help Desk for email or phone support. Refer to the UWM Help Desk website for hours and availability. Online training and other resources are provided via the UWM Knowledgebase and the Learning TECHniques website.
- Faculty, staff and administrators may contact the CETL Learning Technology Desk for instructor-oriented technical support, course design questions and consultations on implementing courses in D2L.
- Weekend technical support is provided by the UWM Help Desk.
A number of services are offered as part of D2L, but are not necessarily included in each course. Contact the CETL Learning Technology Desk for more information.
- eGrading grade export from D2L to PAWS, UWM’s student information system.
- Online Room collaborative spaces (using Blackboard Collaborate, the UW System supported platform)
- Student Response System/Clicker integration (using Turning Technologies, the UWM-supported clicker system)
- My Media video hosting (with Kaltura, the UW System supported media platform)
- Grade import from Scantron forms processed by the UWM Testing Center.
- Department, subject or course level integration with text/course vendor platforms