CETL Opportunities for Faculty, Staff, & Teaching Assistants
Are you Interested in using discussion forums, or learning the basics of D2L? Would you like to consult with a CETL staff member on course design? The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) invites you to participate in these opportunities to begin preparing for the Fall 2016 term.
Using Discussion Forums Effectively
This 2-hour workshop addresses the pedagogy of online discussions: creating good forum assignments, managing forum discussions, and grading forum postings quickly and effectively. It also shows you how to set up discussion forums in D2L.
D2L: Just the Basics
- Register for the August 4th, 1:00 PM-3:30 PM workshop
- Register for the August 8th, 1:00 PM-3:30 PM workshop
- Register for the August 17th, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM workshop
- Register for the August 23rd, 1:00 PM-3:30 PM Workshop
- Register for the August 25th, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM Workshop
- Register for the August 29th, 1:00 PM-3:30 PM Workshop
- Register for the August 31st, 10:00 AM-12:30 PM Workshop
- Register for the September 1st, 1:00 PM-3:30 PM Workshop
This introductory hands-on workshop is designed for instructors and teaching assistants who will be using D2L in their UWM courses. Topics include the basics of uploading content, setting up a simple gradebook, and using the dropbox to allow students to submit their coursework digitally. Toward the end of this workshop there will be time for individual Q&A. There will also be time available for those who want to work on their own course sites to do so.
CETL Course Design Consultations:
Please consult the CETL web page for more information and to request a consultation.