To know how to discuss your skills, interests, and experiences as they relate to the position you’re interviewing for you’ll need to…
- Be Familiar With…
- the organization
- basic trends in the field
- the position description
- common interview questions and styles
- questions to ask during and when you’re scheduling your interview
- Know what you want to say – but DO NOT MEMORIZE answers.
- Visualize positive interactions and outcomes
- PRACTICE OUT LOUD
- Get Feedback:
- Ask people help you practice or record yourself to review your body language, word choice, and tone.
- Need a Pep Talk?
- Come to walk-in advising for brief pointers
- Want to Practice with a Career Advisor?
- Call and schedule an appointment for a Mock Interview
- Practice on your own with our online mock interview tool 24/7
How to use the Mock Interview Tool
- Log-in to PantherJobs
- Under the “Resources” tab, select “Mock Interviews”
- Select “Record New Attempt” (pick a preformatted interview or create your own)
- Complete your interview
- Review your answers and send them to others